Atlanta Restaurant Reviews

Top 10 Atlanta Restaurants for 2010

image

It’s been a wonderful year in Atlanta dining and this year there were some difficult decisions for us to make selecting the Top 10 Atlanta Restaurants for 2010. While we had the pleasure of enjoying many fine meals throughout the year, the following restaurants distinguished themselves in both food quality and service capturing not only a spot in the Top 10 Atlanta Restaurants for 2010  but also a place in our hearts.

1. Local Three Kitchen & Bar, Northside Drive

Next post

11 Atlanta Restaurants for 2011 from our To-Do List

16 Comments

1. Jim Brams
    December 28, 2010 at 9:21 am

This list is suspect.

Local Three has been open, what, five minutes?

How can you judge a restaurant that young?

2. December 28, 2010 at 9:55 am

What difference does it make if they’ve been open five minutes or five years? We can only judge by the experience we received during the brief time we were there – same as any other restaurant. What we found was simply stunning. There was no question in our minds of who the #1 spot belonged to.

The only thing “suspect” about the list is that we can only include restaurants we’ve actually gone to and done a review for. Are there other “worthy” Atlanta restaurants? ABSOLUTELY! And we hope to get to more in 2011!

Thanks for the comment, Jim! That was a great question!

3. […] Read this article: Top 10 Atlanta Restaurants for 2010 | Atlanta Food Critic Blog […]

4. jsf3000
    December 28, 2010 at 2:48 pm

I agree with Jim. This list is suspect. For a blog entitled “Atlanta Food Critic” you need to get out more.

Fish Market, Flying Turd Basket, Buckhead Diner, Vinings Inn? Is it 1998 again?

Gurmandises, beside having a horrible name is in Suwannee, and Suwannee is in a different time zone!

You must have felt SO special when you came inside the perimeter and went to Local 3.

Lame.

5. December 28, 2010 at 3:43 pm

All of these restaurants have been at or near the top of the list on urbanspoon at one time or another over the past six months. And we get inside the perimeter quite often (of course, we have to put our shoes on though…;-) )

Guten appetit!

6. james willis
    December 28, 2010 at 5:16 pm

Flying biscuit number two? No wonder local 3 is number 1. Epic fail.

7. mike
    December 28, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Brickstore? Really? What was number 11? McDonald’s? Why would you vote a place that sells overpriced frozen fish on stale rolls one of the top 10 restaurants? They have good beer, but the fruit flies and the crappy food ruin that place. Try the Porter or Bookhouse and get back to us. Or don’t. Your opinion is really crap at this point.

8. December 29, 2010 at 5:43 am

Everyone is certainly entitled to have their own opinion (as we can see!).

Thanks for reading and please keep coming back and providing feedback!

9. Grant
    December 29, 2010 at 7:34 am

The military keeps me moving so I’ve had many chances to eat in good restaurants all over the place. Local 3 was by far…the best dining experience I’ve ever had.

10. December 29, 2010 at 7:53 am

Grant, For those of us who have had the pleasure of dining at Local 3, we couldn’t agree more!

And we THANK YOU for your service!

Randy USMC 82-86

11. Jon
    December 29, 2010 at 11:20 am

I’m not sure if “suspect” is the right word to use here, nor would I say that calling their opinion “crap” is accurate either. But this list does read like it came from someone that either a: just hasn’t been to a lot of the better restaurants in town or B: isn’t terribly picky.

Local Three is very good…been multiple times and I recommend it to friends. But # 1? no shot. They are still working out way too many kinks in service and consistency. There are at least 5 breakfast spots I can think of off the top of my head that blow Flying Biscuit away. And Yeah! Burger is mediocre on their best day (but this comes from a burger lover, which is not Yeah!’s target customer. If it was, they wouldn’t over cook the hell out of their patties)

I appreciate what you guys are trying to do, and that you stick by your picks, but the general reactions from the commentors is something that you should pay attention to. If you want your opinion to be taken seriously, you need to either experience more of the dining scene in Atlanta before making sweeping declarations like this, or you need to be more critical in your assessments.

I know that you’re kind of new to the blogging thing, but your audience is more savvy than you give them credit for. I don’t know any foodies in town whose opinions that I would trust that would look at this list and do anything but think “really?!”

12. December 29, 2010 at 11:36 am

Jon, I appreciate your balanced viewpoint and your constructive comment!

Here’s some things that I need to point out:
    – We can only include places that we’ve gone to and reviewed. Obviously, we can’t get everywhere but we try to spread it around town the best we can.
    – The list is simply what we liked. It is OUR opinion (and yes, we’ll stick by them). Some of this is individual tastes. For example, we ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Flying Biscuit. Are there other breakfast places that are better? Maybe, but we haven’t gotten there yet and when we do, we’ll let you know.
    – While this blog is relatively new (Sept 2009), I have been writing publicly prior to the public Internet (anybody remember BBSs?). I ran “The Southern Mansion” which was in the top 10 BBSs in Atlanta and have been an Atlanta resident since childhood.
    – I doubt ANYONE will look at the entire list and NOT scratch their heads – THAT’S THE IDEA! One thing I AM NOT is a conformist and I seldom do what I am told or expected. That’s how we keep this thing interesting!

Thanks again for reading and your feedback!

Randy

13. jsf3000
    December 29, 2010 at 1:32 pm

How about changing the name of your top 10 to “The Top 10 Restaurants that My Wife and I Went to in 2010”? That would make more sense, but wouldn’t get the traffic or attention you are looking for.

14. December 29, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Do you think there should be restaurants on the list that we haven’t even reviewed?

15. Jon
    December 30, 2010 at 11:12 am

Why is it the idea to make your readers scratch their heads? It isn’t that they are intrigued by the places on your list. It seems that they have all been to these restaurants and think that you have no idea what you are talking about.

It is one thing to want to open up a dialogue, but not all attention is good attention.

16. December 30, 2010 at 11:33 am

The LAST thing I ever want to be is predictable. Not my nature to fall in lock-step with other peoples expectations…